Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Ten Tips for Staying Connected
Many of my business clients tell me that what they missed most when they started their businesses was the camaraderie of an office setting. Small businesses often start with the owner as the only employee. To combat this sense of isolation here are some suggestions that allow you to interact with people and improve your business at the same time.
1. Strategic partnerships work well for marketing your product or service. An added benefit is that you work with someone else. Consider collaborating on a project or product with a partner and hold face to face meetings.
2. Another marketing strategy is to join networking organizations. They can help you to get referrals but they also are another way to feel the connection to others. If you are missing the closer type relationships that an office provides, develop on-going relationships with some of the people with whom you network.
3. Sometimes all that is needed is to be with people not necessarily interacting with them. A coffee shop might fit the bill occasionally. Take your reading material or computer with you so you can work.
4. Have lunch with a friend or colleague. You need to eat anyway. Just being with a friend in a relaxed setting can energize you and make you less lonely. If you have an issue to discuss with a colleague, suggest lunch instead of a long telephone conversation. You'll both enjoy it more and if you stick to an agenda you'll accomplish your task too.
5. What kind of group would help you and your business the most? It could be a leads group, an R&D team or an advisory board. All give you opportunities to connect. Create a group that serves your business and keeps you engaged and connected.
6. Enjoy a concert or sports activity with a client or customer you like. It is a way to pleasantly stay connected with people you find interesting.
7. Exercise is important to your physical well-being. Find a walking or exercise buddy and take a needed break during the day. Even just a half hour walk with a friend will brighten your spirits and recharge you.
8. Become involved in recreational activities in your area. Bring business cards to your book club, your child's Little League Game or a Golf Tournament. Meet potential customers, relax and keep connected.
9. Develop an ongoing relationship with a mentor or coach. Talk to or meet with your coach or mentor weekly.
10. Take a course at a local college or training center. The course or training could be work related or just something of interest.
Some of the material in this list came from an article "The Power of Connection" by Karen Kahn Wilson found in Fempreneur Magazine March/April 2004 issue. Some of it is my own observation of what I need to do to stay connected. As I review the tasks I have for the up coming week. I make sure I have some that will get me interacting with others.
Alvah Parker is a Business and Career Coach as well as publisher of Parker's Points, an email tip list and Road to Success, an ezine. Parker works with high potential professionals who want have a career that is fun, fulfilling and profitable. Her clients are managers, business owners, sole practioners, attorneys and people in transition. Alvah is found on the web at http://www.asparker.com. She may also be reached at 781-598-0388.
7 Steps Toward a Better Website
Creating a website is one thing, making it better is another. Matt shares 7 steps to help you gain a better website.
Ten Reasons to Implement Choice Theory in Your Organization
What is Choice Theory (CT)? CT is a theory of the explanation of human behavior. CT has applicability to both a person's personal and professional life.
How To Use Bartering To Gain An Advantage Over Your Competition
If you have a business on the Internet you should be bartering goods and services with other businesses. You should always try to trade for something before you buy it.
My 7 Most Important Business Lessons
Millions of people start new small businesses in the United States every day. Many fail at running a small business every day.
How to Counsel Your Non-Performing Team Members - 10 Tips
Counseling non-performing team members is a tough part of any managers role. This article is full of tips to help you perform this difficult role.
7 Ways To Profit From Other Peoples Products
If you don't possess the time, money or inclination to create your own hot selling product there is plenty of scope for profit by using other people's.In this quick article I'll detail the best ways to take a third-party product and use it to fill your own bank account.
10 Steps for Simplifying Business Plan Financial Statements
For most business owners and entrepreneurs, preparing, and communicating the financial statement section of a business plan is like trying to give driving directions to someone who doesn't speak the same language."Numbers" is the language most investors speak.
Top Ten Listening Skills for Speakers
Good Speakers need good listening skills to become Great Communicators. Speakers spend a lot of time developing speaking skills and often don't focus enough on the equally important communication skill of listening. As a Speaker trained in the art of listening I have put together the tips below.
Top Ten Ways to Develop New Success Habits
1. Make a clear, specific commitment to what you want.
Why Clarity Is Essential To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
Clarity is an absolutely essential ingredient for you to achieve your full potential in business. Napoleon Hill, in his classic book Think & Grow Rich, said "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
Top Ten Reasons to Write a Sales Letter for Each Product? - Part 2
Authors/publishers are great at getting their books written. Entrepreneurs know their products.
The Top Ten Qualities that Allow Business Operations to Grow Easily
My husband and I were enjoying our dinner meal one evening while discussing various plans and ideas. I was sharing that I wanted to submit articles and ads to a huge number of ezines to market my eProgram in a big way, and I wanted his help to make this happen.
Private Practice Success: 10 Essentials for Starting a Practice
As a counselor, therapist or healing professional (massage therapist, physiotherapist, alternative health practitioner, etc.) it is quite likely that you did not chose your profession because you wanted to be a business person.
Top Ten Tips: Where to Get the Best Business Books Now!
There are many places you can get books, and I don't pretend to know them all. I've listed a few of my favorites below.
Top 7 Reasons You Should Back Up Your Data Online!
How much is your data worth to you? In this modern electronic-age we rely more than ever on our computers to supply us with the information we need. Chances are every piece of data you might ever rely on to make an important decision has been reduced to a digital format and resides somewhere on your computer's hard drive.
1 Step Program to Achieve All of Your Goals
In Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen's original "Chicken Soup for the Soul," I am reminded of the short story titled "Another Check Mark On the List." This is a story about a 15-year-old boy named John who, on one rainy day, when it was too wet outside to play, he decided to write a list of goals.
Ten Tips for Cross Cultural Communication
Here are some simple tips to help you improve your cross cultural communication skills: Slow Down Even when English is the common language in a cross cultural situation, this does not mean you should speak at normal speed. Slow down, speak clearly and ensure your pronunciation is intelligible.
The Seven Secrets of Top Performers
Let's put to rest the fallacy that success, in sales or any profession, is due to luck, chance, and/or hard work. There is nothing further from the truth.
Advice for New Coaches: 10 Ways to Attract Your First Paying Client and Receive Endless Referrals
Many new coaches struggle to attract their first client. Often, these coaches are so desperate to prove themselves, they'll sacrifice their financial health to coach their first few clients for free.
Never Sell Again: Get Repeat Business and Avoid the Need to Prospect
If you're a business owner, you know that repeat business is critical to your success. It also makes your life much easier because you can count on ongoing business without having to continuously find new prospects and convince them to hire you.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2020 All Rights Reserved