We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
There are many advantages of running a blog, on top of your business website. A blog is an online diary, whereby you can easily posts clips about yourself, your thoughts and your personal life. If you publish a business blog, you posts good content, articles, breaking news or just about anything to build awareness of what you are selling.
Publishing a business blog gives your subscriber or prospect a chance to get to know you better. Through your blog, you can explain how your life has changed due to the product or service that you are selling. This can potentially help you to secure a sale. A blog can also be highly interactive if you also allow comments and for all to see. For sure, blogging provides a good avenue to establish some level of trust and security for an online prospect who has never met you.
Here are top 10 ways to get people to read your business blog:
1. Have a general theme and state this theme at the top or in a prominent location in your blog. Creating a general theme helps attract a group of targeted readers. However, do strike a balance. You don't also want too narrow a theme. Otherwise, you may find yourself having difficulty finding new things to talk about in your blog every few days.
2. Be current in what you post. Don't report about events that happen one year ago. You can refer to the particular event if relevant and/or via a link. For these past events, assume that people already know about them.
3. Keep a regular schedule. When readers return to your blog, they want to read about something new. Be sure to manage your readers' expectations.
4. Post frequently. Search engine spiders love sites that are constantly updated with fresh content. At the very least, posting once every few days is a good idea.
5. Keep your posts short and clear. Don't post long essays. Blog readers are known to like to zip in and out of online diaries. Keep your long essays to articles that you can publish on a separate webpage or in your newsletter.
6. Make your tittle keyword-rich. This helps in getting your posts better ranked by search engine spiders via the keywords that you use.
7. Post interesting content. No one is going to be interested in what you ate for breakfast. Not unless you are maintaining a food blog and you want to post your breakfast recipe! Making your content interesting will ensure that your readers continue to read your blog loyally.
8. Have a unique perspective. Readers are interested to know what you think. If you are offering your opinion, be sure that you are able to qualify them.
9. Take note of your language and grammer. Even if you are posting an opinion. It is always safer to write in proper English if you are hoping to monetize from your blog.
10. Don't forget to have a RSS feed. RSS means "Rich Site Syndication". To increase readership and distribution, this is one thing that you must not omit in doing.
Evelyn Lim is the publisher of a popular ezine "Mapping You to Success". The newsletter is aimed at all aspiring e-business owners. Her newsletter is jam packed with articles, free tips and resources. To subscribe to her newsletter, please visit http://www.e-BizMap.com. She also publishes a business blog at http://www.EvelynLim.com.
Business 2 Community (blog)
RSS Feeds and How To Burn Them
Business 2 Community (blog)
Bloggers often ask me, what is thing called RSS and is it something I need for my blog. I tell them, only if you want more people to read your blog. RSS Feeds are amazing strings of code that help information move more quickly through the Intertubes ...
Midwest Sports Fans
Royal Rumble: Triple Threat Title Match Steals Show
Midwest Sports Fans
Thanks to a Philadelphia crowd that sucked all the energy out of the Wells Fargo Center after Daniel Bryan was eliminated, the main event of the WWE's Royal Rumble was a bit of a disappointment this year. However, the triple threat match for the WWE ...
Benefits to RSS
RSS streamlines communication between publishers and readers. Since RSS has had a popularity surge, webmasters have been experimenting and using RSS feeds to deliver content in new and innovative ways.
Just Tag It!
Tags - Revolutionary or Just Folly?Just another trend or something else?Trends happen overnight! Some catch on fast and explode very quickly into our every day use.Most of these trends you can ignore as silly folly or at the most fine amusement.
Using RSS for Publishing and Syndication
There are two reasons why you would want to use RSS as a webmaster and that is for publishing and syndicating your content. If you publish your content via an RSS channel then you can keep your subscribers notified of changes to your site, announcements and news.
Five Ways A Blog Helps You To Market Your Business
Want to advertise online without spending a fortune? Get a blog.If you're an Internet marketer, you need a blog, because:* a blog helps your site to rank higher in the search engines; and* a blog expands your customer base.
Tips for Better Blogging - Promote any Product or Service
People start blogs for all kinds of reasons. Ego.
Shared RSS - Syndication for the Rest of Us
RSS Syndication or RSS Newsfeeds (RSS Feeds for short) all refer to the same thing. There are two parts to the process, the publisher, and the consumer.
What Is A Blog? - A Beginners Guide to Understanding Blogs
A blog is short for weblog, which simply means a website that is updated frequently with new information and is organized by date and submission. Blogs are typically a way of journalizing information whether it be personal, business, or what have you.
Internet News Services Explode Online
It seems no matter how much information comes available online, people thirst for more.To illustrate this point, just take a look at all the online news services sprouting up on the web like garden weeds.
Blogs: The Hidden Ace Up Your Sleeve
If it wasn't for my blog, I wouldn't make any online sales at all.It's true that I have a "regular" website, my so-called "main website," which I first set up to sell my goods, in this case, men's and women's health products.
Find Out How Microsofts Plans Could Make Your Subscribers Beg You for RSS Content!
Microsoft recently announced that they will be releasing a new browser version sometime this summer. The new browser version was to be released with Longhorn, the code name for their next operating system to replace Windows XP, but they decided that they needed to release it sooner than that.
RSS - The Making of a Feed
Everyday more and more websites, news services and blogs are adding RSS content. RSS is a method of syndicating content.
Should Bloggers be Helping Google Fix Their PageRank System?
By now, most bloggers have heard the announcement that the Big 3 search engines - Google, Yahoo, and MSN - have united in support of a new tag that will supposedly combat comment spam. The new tag is a nofollow attribute that can be added to links.
How To Create A Blog
Blogs are more permanent than posts to an online discussion list, more dynamic than older-style home pages. They are more personal than traditional journalism, and definitely more public than diaries.
Top 10 Reasons to Start Blogging
"What's blogging?" you ask."Where have you been?" I reply.
Let's start at the beginning. What is a 'Blog' and why would you care?Plain and simple.
Are Blog Meant for Raves and Rants?
Blogging is the latest internet craze and it may turn out to be just that and killed off if the avalanche of misinformation continues. One is amazed at how an excellent online medium is promoted for all the wrong reasons.
Advertising in RSS Feeds: Are we risking disaster?
Advertising in RSS feeds is something that Google is considering offering to its Adwords and Adsense customers. RSS stands for Really Simply Syndication and is a really easy way for a webmaster to share their news and information stories to the world wide web.
The RSS Promise for Internet Users
The RSS promise for end-users is simple:--> a unified one-stop-shop to consume online content, without having to visit dozens of sites every day to see what's new and without having their online subscriptions interfere with their personal and business e-mail communications;--> complete control over their content consumption, including a quick, easy and reliable mechanism to unsubscribe from content they do not wish to receive;--> the ability to receive breaking news as it becomes available, without having to wait for a monthly, weekly or daily recap sent to their e-mail addresses;--> the certainty of actually receiving the content they want, without the fear of it being stopped by spam filters on the way;--> the ability to receive rich-media content directly to their desktops, including audio and video content;--> the promise of providing the tools to make their lives easier, including receiving critical content updates as soon as they become available.These points are not simple enhancements, but important advancements that can fundamentally change how internet content is consumed.
Top 10 Tips for Bloggers
Tips for creating a blog.There are no hard and fast rules on how to blog.
Steps To Creating and Promoting RSS Feeds
RSS, or Really Simple Syndication as it is commonly known, is a technology that gives webmasters the ability to easily distribute and publish syndicated content on the Internet. It seems like all Internet businesses now have RSS feeds available; at least your competitors do.
Ohio Unclaimed freight outlet
Find used office equipment in Ohio at www.OfficeJax.Has.It
Find the best fleamarkets at www.FleaMarketWorld.Has.It
Find homes for rent
Find electric powered vehicles at www.NoGas.Drives.It