We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
RSS and Blogs are the topics of the moment. Seems like everyone is talking about it. Granted, there is too much hype about RSS and Blogs.
But where there's hype - there's interest!
And with good reason - RSS is posed to be the break out technology of 2005. Those who don't take full advantage of it will be left behind.
If you need convincing - here are 10 reasons why you should put RSS on your site:
1. It's easy and fast! Not to mention Free! You can use a free service like eBlogger and publish your Blog and RSS feed within minutes. You can even place or publish your Blog/RSS Feed on your own site without knowing 'html' or 'xml'. It's all done for you!
Repeat - it's simple to use and very convenient. Publishing your blog is only a few clicks away. (If you need help - just use the link at the end of this article.)
2. Syndicate Your Content. RSS stands for 'really simple syndication' and it's just another way of passing along your information. With the popularity of 'MyYahoo' and the 'Firefox' browser (which has a built-in RSS feed reader) - syndicating your content has gotten even simpler.
The next version of Windows is reportly scheduled to have a RSS feature. If this happens - RSS will explode.
3. Get Your Content Indexed. Using blogs to publish your content is a neat way of side stepping the regular indexing procedure. It gets your content indexed very quickly in most of the search engines.
Search Engines are constantly on the lookout for 'fresh content' - these 'link rich' blogs are a good source of this content. Because blogs are on specific topics - they have a concentrated source of good quality informational material to serve up!
4. Instant Contact. Blogs give you instant contact with your readers or viewers. We live in an 'instant' society - we want everything five minutes ago. Blogs provide this instant gratification. Readers or viewers using MyYahoo have an instant link to your information or postings.
RSS Feeds will instantly spread your information to all interested parties - bringing in targeted traffic.
5. Building Your List. People who pick up your RSS feed or add you to their MyYahoo site - become your subscribers. You are really building your contact list. Have a popular blog or RSS Feed and you can build a large targeted contact list very quickly.
It might not replace your old opt-in email list - but it can be a lucrative addition to it! Take advantage of all those targeted contacts.
6. Link Building. Blogs are link heavens! Build your links thru blogs. All these links will boost your link popularity and increase your search engine rankings.
Plus, by giving viewers/readers a way of adding your RSS Feed creates targeted links to your site. This reason alone is why your site should have RSS!
7. Viewer/Subscriber Feedback. Instant feedback from your subscribers or viewers is easy with blogs. Creating trust and credibility is so much easier when there is immediate communication between the two parties.
8. Keyword Content Building. Blogs are especially good for building 'keyword targeted content' for your site. All these links will boost your keyword rankings in the search engines. Google places a high value on 'anchor text' and blogs are a good place to put all those links.
You can also start different blogs targeted at 'specific related keywords' covering the major topics of your site. Again, search engines love related keyword linking so you can boost your site's rankings by using blogs.
9. Monetize Your Content. Blogs are an excellent way of monetizing your content. Blog sites like Eblogger (owned by Google) even encourages you to use the 'adsense code' in your blogs. If you have a popular blog - this may bring in extra income.
Plus, publishing your ezine or newsletter in a blog can bring in revenue for months if not years to come. All those affiliate links and product promotions get indexed by the search engines and become accessible to a wider audience, i.e. market.
10. Because Everyone Else is Doing It! Might sound a bit 'Jonesish' but you do have to keep up with what other web sites are doing. To remain competitive - you MUST put RSS on your site.
Sites without the 'AddtoMyYahoo' link or the 'xml' button will be the exception rather than the rule in just a few years - if not months. It's simply another way of getting your information 'out there'. It's an opportunity and advantage that you cannot afford to miss.
Proceed without RSS at your own risk!
To add RSS to your Site within minutes - check out this simple RSS Report and Guide. Copyright © 2004-5 Titus Hoskins of bizwaremagic.com. This article may be freely distributed if this resource box stays attached. Visit http://www.bizwaremagic.com for more simple solutions to your online marketing tasks.
The LeapFish Chronicles: "Admitting To Click Fraud Is An Interesting Business Model."
When we first covered LeapFish, once a domain name appraisal service, they had just launched a new meta search engine which I claimed no one would ever use. Practically immediately after posting, we were flooded with anonymous comments praising the ...
MWC 2008: Samsung handsets round-up
Samsung had the longest line-up of all the manufacturers, with 12 models displayed at the Mobile World Congress show. It's enough to give anyone Samsung fatigue! Here's a recap on all the new handsets… U900 Soul – 5.0-megapixel camera, 4x zoom, image ...
MWC 2008: Samsung epitomises 'entry-level' with the J700, J150 and L170 mobiles
We're not yet done with Samsung's plethora of entry-level handsets, as the J700, J150 and L170 will surely appeal to some people doing a Google search on these rather budget models. Oh, hai, Google searchers! Starting at the left, the J700 slider model ...
Let's go digital
Let's go digital
De redactie van MSN.nl zorgt ervoor dat bezoekers dagelijks actuele en aansprekende informatie op de homepage van MSN.nl aantreffen in de meest populaire MSN Magazines Nieuws, Entertainment, Geldzaken en Auto. Zelfs een ogenschijnlijk 'saai' thema als ...
Are Blog Meant for Raves and Rants?
Blogging is the latest internet craze and it may turn out to be just that and killed off if the avalanche of misinformation continues. One is amazed at how an excellent online medium is promoted for all the wrong reasons.
Is a Blog Right For Your Business?
Lemmings are cute, but dumb. If you tell them to jump off a cliff, they will.
Blogging Advice - Give Your Readers What They Want
Web gives a lot of exposure; weblog stabilizes the exposure with a profound purpose. The purpose of a Weblog is to complement e-newsletters, serving readers in a way that extends a blogger's expertise and leadership in the market.
Blogging for Personal Benefits
While there is a lot of debate about blogs replacing emails in the future, I would rather look at blogs in a different perspective. The purpose of all technology is to make life easier for the user.
Blog Marketing: Guerrillas Stalk the Internet
Blogs, are often defined as frequent and ongoing publications of personal thoughts and opinions of the Internet or websites. And, of course - all of certainly know what Marketing is.
Top 6 Reasons for Having a RSS Feed - Come and Explore the Possibilities!
Getting traffic to your website can be hard. No one just randomly types in "make lots of money online quickly and from home".
The Key To Marketing With Blogs
I've spent months answering questions from marketers about blogs and blogging and how they fit into the marketing mix. Still, 99% don't understand the power of blogging.
The Idiot's Step-By-Step Guide To Blogging for Profit
Blogging is easy, blogging is fun. And what's more?it can help your business in a lot of ways.
Use RSS to Get Your Sites Indexed Overnight
As you may know, Google has it's very own blogging service called Blogger.com.
Tips for a Better RSS Feed
Like anything else, a little work can pay dividends. Well-written RSS feeds are more useful to readers and result in more website traffic for the publisher.
Will RSS Replace Email?
RSS is a big buzz word right now, and this question has been popping up all over the place.Will RSS ever replace email?In short, the answer is no.
Im a Failed Blogger!
I've never been popular in my whole life. I think there must be something inside me that didn't get enough attention as a kid or something because I seem to find myself looking for it all the time.
The 7 Steps to Promoting Your RSS Feeds on Your Website
RSS gets 100% of your content delivered, but it's no good if no one subscribes to your feeds.So your first order of business after planning and creating your feeds has to be promoting them to your visitors.
Email, Instant Messaging, Blogs, RSS, Forums and Listservs: What's Next?How do we keep Internet communication simple? Let's start by taking a look at the different methods used to communicate on the web. It is important to understand the nuances and benefits of the different forms.
RSS Meets the Needs of Direct Marketers
Contrary to general opinion, RSS meets the needs of even the most demanding direct marketer, actually providing most of what e-mail marketing does, except for the strong push factor.Most direct marketing reasons against RSS are in fact the result of inadequate understanding of RSS by most marketers.
To Blog Or Not To Blog - A Laymans View
We have now entered the world of blogs! Sounds kind of Harry Potterish, doesn't it?If you're over 20 years old, you probably think this is some crazy sci-fi phenomenon, or I've simply lost my mind. Don't fret, the vast majority of people don't know what a blog is all about and more importantly, why it matters to them.
Build a Website Using Blog Software
Have you thought about how easily you could build and maintain a website if you created the entire thing using blog software? Talk about an inexpensive and easy way to make your own website, this is it!A small business could create websites for each of its product lines, and build each site with blogging software, then link them all together to a main sales site. New product announcements,a FAQ, customer support, description of features, etc, is all handled in a snap.
RSS And The Billion Channel Internet
The real potential of RSS lies in Broadcasting.In former times, jumping up on a soapbox or any platform in the street to speak your mind was a popular pastime.
Bloggin for a Reason
For some it's just a fun thing to do, while some others feel they will soon be left out; they soon join the crowd. Everyone who uses the internet knows someone who has a blog.
Blogs for Kids
Flush out the writer in children. Blogging could draw out a young writer and open doors to their future.
Ohio Unclaimed freight outlet
Find used office equipment in Ohio at www.OfficeJax.Has.It
Find the best fleamarkets at www.FleaMarketWorld.Has.It
Find homes for rent
Find electric powered vehicles at www.NoGas.Drives.It