Mortgage and Refinancing Information Channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Buying a Home With Bad Credit - Get Approved With a Recent Bankruptcy or Foreclosure
A few years ago, if you had a bankruptcy or a foreclosure on your credit report, you could forget about trying to get a mortgage loan. If you were lucky enough to find someone who would finance you, your interest rate would be through the roof and plan on putting 10-20% down.
But today, this is not the case. There are many programs available today to help people who have recently suffered a bankruptcy or foreclosure to get a mortgage loan or mortgage refinance loan.
There are two things to do if you are in this situation:
1. Get yourself a free copy of your credit report from all 3 major credit bureaus, look over everything, do you see any mistakes? Make sure everything included in your bankruptcy or foreclosure reports accurately on your credit report. Make sure those accounts involved in a bankruptcy or foreclosure are not showing something else like collection or charge-off.. That could make your score much lower than it needs to be. If you have a bankruptcy or foreclosure, you want everything involved to say so, so it is all under 1 circumstance, instead of many. You can dispute all errors on your credit report online nowadays. It takes about 15 minutes. You can do it right on the website of Equifax, TransUnion or Experian.
2. Once you have checked your credit reports, apply only to places that submit your application to many lenders. Every time your credit report is pulled, it will knock your credit score down a little. If you apply to a mortgage service that will submit your application to many lenders, then you only have one credit inquiry and can receive offers from up to 4 lenders per application.
Frequently asked questions are:
1. Will I have to make a large down payment? Not necessarily. If you can get your credit score above a 600, you should easily be able to get 100% financing, even if it has been less than two years since your bankruptcy or foreclosure. If your score is above a 580, you might still be able to qualify for 100% financing.
2. What kind of interest rate can I expect? Depending on your credit score and whether you have any down payment or not, I have heard of situations with a credit score as low as 585 with no down payment and an interest rate as low as 7.25%. That was quoted in March of 2005.
3. Can I get cash out? On a purchase, not likely. On a refinance, depending on your amount of equity, that is very possible.
There are many lenders who specialize in bad credit mortgage loans. To view our list of recommended bad credit mortgage lenders, visit this page: bad credit mortgage loans. These are the best lenders to apply with.
Written by Carrie Reeder, Owner of http://www.abcloanguide.com. Carrie's website is an informational mortgage loan website. Her website has articles and a list of recommended mortgage lenders for people with low credit scores.
MORE RESOURCES updated Fri. September / 25 / 2020
Mortgage and refinance rates today, September 25, 2020 | Mortgage Rates, Mortgage News and Strategy - The Mortgage Reports
Sovereign Lending Group, Mortgage Refinance Company, Hires Curt Rosequist As They Expand To Texas. - GlobeNewswire
Sovereign Lending Group, Mortgage Refinance Company, Hires Curt Rosequist As They Expand To Texas. GlobeNewswire
Refinancing Your Mortgage Is About to Get More Expensive The Wall Street Journal
The best mortgage and refinance rates today: Thurs, Sept 24, 2020 | Rates increase - Business Insider
How to refinance your mortgage FOX 29 News Philadelphia
Mortgage Refinancing Boom Is Too Automated Financial Advisor Magazine
How to refinance your mortgage without closing costs Fox Business
A record number of borrowers can now save on a mortgage refinance, as rates set another historic low - CNBC
A record number of borrowers can now save on a mortgage refinance, as rates set another historic low CNBC
How often can you refinance your mortgage? Fox Business
Mortgage lenders are adding the refinancing fee. You can still avoid it if you act now. - Bankrate.com
Mortgage lenders are adding the refinancing fee. You can still avoid it if you act now. Bankrate.com
Mortgage and refinance rates today, September 15, 2020 | Mortgage Rates, Mortgage News and Strategy - The Mortgage Reports
Mortgage and refinance rates today, September 15, 2020 | Mortgage Rates, Mortgage News and Strategy The Mortgage Reports
Mortgage Refinance Calculator Clark.com
How and Why to Refinance Your Mortgage: A Step-By-Step Guide Clark.com - Clark Howard
Should I refinance my mortgage? A financial planner explains Business Insider
When Should I Refinance With a No Closing Cost Mortgage? Clark.com - Clark Howard
Refinance your home before December 1 to avoid paying a new fee Business Insider
Jump in U.S. Mortgage Refinancing Point2 Homes
Clark Howard’s Special Rule for Refinancing Your Mortgage Clark.com - Clark Howard
What Is Mortgage Insurance? A PMI Primer Yahoo! Voices
Today's best mortgage and refinance rates: Thursday, August 27, 2020 | Rates Fall - Business Insider
15-year mortgage rate hits new record low Bankrate.com
The Uncommonly Strong Case For Locking a Mortgage Rate Mortgage News Daily
What to consider when retiring and refinancing your home Washington Post
The 5 Best VA Loan Rates of 2020 Investopedia
Stellar Housing Data; Rates Inching Lower Mortgage News Daily
Warren Buffett Has This Advice for Homebuyers The Motley Fool
Dwight Capital Provides $36M HUD Loan on Seattle Suburb Rental Asset Commercial Observer
Record number of banks offering cashback of up to $4000 for moving your mortgage, but is it worth it? - 9News
Record number of banks offering cashback of up to $4000 for moving your mortgage, but is it worth it? 9News
Coronavirus is driving a home renovation boom: Most popular projects, plus financing tips - Bankrate.com
Coronavirus is driving a home renovation boom: Most popular projects, plus financing tips Bankrate.com
United Shore seeks to outpace Rocket in mortgage war The Detroit News
A great time to refinance your mortgage Yahoo News
Santander Adopts Digital Mortgage Solution From Roostify National Mortgage Professional Magazine
RED Mortgage Capital Provides $39 Million FHA Loan for Luxury Mixed-Income Multifamily Housing in Salt Lake City - PRNewswire
RED Mortgage Capital Provides $39 Million FHA Loan for Luxury Mixed-Income Multifamily Housing in Salt Lake City PRNewswire
Mortgage rate and housing market predictions for late-2020 | Mortgage Rates, Mortgage News and Strategy - The Mortgage Reports
Mortgage rate and housing market predictions for late-2020 | Mortgage Rates, Mortgage News and Strategy The Mortgage Reports
Mortgage refinance: Everything you need to know Fox Business
Rates Heading Back to All-Time Lows, But it Won't Last Mortgage News Daily
Ops, LO, AE Jobs; Broker, Construction, MSR Management Products; Using Digital for Customer Service - Mortgage News Daily
Ops, LO, AE Jobs; Broker, Construction, MSR Management Products; Using Digital for Customer Service Mortgage News Daily
When should you refinance your mortgage? Fox Business
How to get the best mortgage refinance rates Fox Business
10 things to know before refinancing your mortgage Fox Business
Compare Today's Mortgage Refinance Rates: Sep 24 Credible News
How to get a low-cost mortgage refinance Bankrate.com
Mortgage refinancing is about to get more expensive Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Mortgage refinancing will be 0.5% more expensive, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to raise fees - USA TODAY
Mortgage refinancing will be 0.5% more expensive, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to raise fees USA TODAY
How does mortgage refinancing work? Bankrate.com