Top 20 Dog Quotations
Get to know your beloved dog better with these insightful
quotations all about your best four-legged friend...
- " A wise man associating with the vicious becomes an idiot;
a dog travelling with good men becomes a rational being."
- "You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give
you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER
would've thought of that!'"
-- Dave Barry
- "A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and
the importance of turning around three times before lying
-- Robert Benchley
- "Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets
mad at you? But when you take him in a car he sticks his head
out the window."
-- Steve Bluestone
- "A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a
coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would
- "I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the
uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew
-- George Bird Evans
- "Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs
you wanted to."
- "To his dog, every man is Napoleon. Hence the constant
popularity of dogs."
- "When the old dog barks it is time to watch."
-- Latin Proverb
- "If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a
sweater. . . suggest that he wear a tail."
-- Fran Lebowitz
- "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a
dog, it's too dark to read."
-- Groucho Marx
- "Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked
in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives."
- "It's funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks
better than other folks do, isn't it?"
--Eleanor H. Porter
- "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give
unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being
- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size
of the fight in the dog."
-- Mark Twain
- "The more I know about people, the better I like my
-- Mark Twain
- "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he
will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a
dog and a man."
- "Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are
- "The dog is the only being that loves you more than you
--Fritz von Unruh
- "If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of
you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap
--Alfred North Whitehead
Resource Box - © Danielle Hollister (2004) is the
Publisher of BellaOnline Quotations Zine - A free newsletter for
quote lovers featuring more than 10,000 quotations in dozens of
categories like - love, friendship, children, inspiration,
success, wisdom, family, life, and many more. Read it online at -
MORE PETS INFORMATION RESOURCES updated Fri. August / 17 / 2018
could not open XML input