Seven Ways to Boxer-Proof Your House
You are ready to bring your Boxer home? First, you must prepare your house. Whether you are bringing home a puppy or
adult Boxer, you may want to spend some time surveying your house from a Boxer eye view (about 2 feet off the ground). Wires, drapes and counters look pretty interesting from that height.
The Best Ways to Boxer-Proof Your House
Below is a list of how to Boxer-proof your home for adult or puppy: It is only a partial list, but a good start to your own research.
1. Be sure to keep anything valuable (or what you don’t want chewed) at least 3 feet off the floor. Boxers have an
amazing ability to jump, even as puppies. This includes anything on the coffee table, kitchen counter, buffet, etc. Boxers are curious and love to explore.
2. It may be cute to see your puppy with a mouthful of toilet paper, but not when it becomes the habit of an adult. Keep the
bathroom door closed and eliminate toilet drinking and rolls of paper strewn about. Boxers seem to have an affinity for used cotton-balls, too!
3. Restrict access to your kitchen garbage. Place the bin in the kitchen sink or behind closed doors. Dispose of your cigarette butts appropriately, as they can cause nicotine poisoning.
4. Electrical cords must be monitored for signs of chewing and/or made inaccessible to your Boxer. Sometimes a nasty-tasting substance can be used to deter your Boxer. Check with your vet for some recommendations.
5. We have all heard the horror stories of Boxers that have gotten into holiday decorations. They are attracted to the bright lights and shiny glass ornaments, so keep a close eye on your Boxer if you have Christmas decorations up.
6. There are many kinds of poisonous plants, so be sure to contact your local veterinarian for a list of any toxic plants that grow in your area.
7. Anti-freeze is highly toxic to dogs and it is a good idea to keep all chemicals safely out of reach of your Boxer, puppy or adult.
Jody Mitchell, a stay at home mom and part time veterinarian assistant who has been saved by Boxer dog from car accident. Her amazing experience inspires her to write about Boxer: "The Boxer Chronicle - A Guide to All Things Boxer."
NEWS & INFORMATION resources updated Tue. July / 16 / 2019
Keeping pets safe in the heat of summer Channel3000.com - WISC-TV3
With high temperatures forecast for this week, the Dane County Humane Society is reminding pet owners to keep their furry friends safe from the heat.
NJ pets in need: July 15, 2019 NJ.com
Cold Nose Warm Heart NJ, NJ South Hills Pet Rescue, Second Chance Pet Adoption League, Wise Animal Rescue and Eleventh Hour Rescue will team up for ...
How to Enter Pat's Prized Pets Challenge NBC4 Washington
Starting Monday, July 15, NBC4 viewers in the D.C. area can show off their furry friends in Pat's Prized Pets challenge for a chance to win the Pat's Prized Pet ...
Are fresh food services good options for pets? KCTV Kansas City
For so many of people, their pets are their family members. For many pet owners, this means getting the best possible items for their furry friends, including *fresh* ...
Kibus is like a Keurig for your pet TechCrunch
In a pitch during a recent meeting at Brinc's Hong Kong headquarters, the Barcelona-based team behind Kibus Petcare was quick to point out that most ...
Investigating antibiotics for pets nbc25news.com
You've probably heard about antibiotic resistance in humans, but what about pets? It turns out some veterinarians and scientists are very concerned about it.
East Bay pets of the week for July 19 East Bay Times
With Nimbus' happy face around, you'll be floating on cloud nine. He's excited to accompany his human on walks, nap in the sun and maybe go to picnics in the ...
Must-Have Pet Supplies on Amazon Now Inverse
If you are a pet owner, you've probably encountered numerous problems. What do you do when your pet eats way too fast when you feed them and then throws ...
No One Hurt in Rapid Valley Fire, Pets Killed U.S. News & World Report
RAPID VALLEY, S.D. (AP) — Pennington County sheriff's officials say no humans were injured in a house fire in Rapid Valley, but two dogs, a cat and a snake ...
Meet 4 of the Most Popular Pets on Instagram Hollywood Reporter
Dogs, cats and even the occasional sadly departed pet are huge stars on social media, overtaking even A-list stars with millions of followers, plus sponsors and ...
Pets Can Donate Blood, Too Gizmodo
You know that donating blood is one of the most impactful things you can do for others on an individual level. But you probably don't know that dogs and cats ...
Meet this week's Perfect Pet: Peaches KGO-TV
PERFECT PET: Meet this week's Perfect Pet, Peaches! This adorable love bug is loyal and intelligent. Meet Peaches at the Oakland East Bay SPCA!
Keeping your pets cool this summer KKCO-TV
As temperatures in the Grand Valley climb into the triple digits, it's important to keep your pets cool. Experts shared a few tips on how to keep your pets safe this ...
NJ pets in need: July 1, 2019 NJ.com
It almost seems intuitive, but it's still important to mention that fireworks on the Fourth of July – as well as the celebrations that go along with the holiday – and ...
Tips on How to Keep Your Pets Cool FOX 31 Denver
Follow this story to get email or text alerts from KDVR when there is a future article following this storyline. Follow this story ...
KCBD's Pet of the Day: Meet Ginger KCBD
Meet Ginger, KCBD's Pet of the Day with Lubbock Animal Services. Ginger is not even a year old yet, but is looking for a forever home.