Best Business Tips and Strategies information channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
1. Locks and Padlocks - Locks on all outside entrances and inside security doors should be double cylinder deadbolts with removable collars. The deadbolt should have at least one inch throw containing a hardened steel insert and protected by a latch guard. Padlocks should be of hardened steel, mounted on bolted hasps and always locked to prevent exchange. Serial numbers should be filed off to prevent new keys from being made.
2. Doors - all outside and/or security doors should be of solid construction, metal lined and secured with heavy metal crossbars. Jams around doors must be solid. All exposed hinges should be pinned to prevent removal.
3. Windows - should have secure locks. Burglar-resistant glass treatments are also recommended. An example would be the installation of polyester security film. However, this must be used together with the alarm's glass break sensor. Heavy metal grates may be used on windows of high vulnerability (such as rear windows). Check with your area Fire Code Inspector for safety requirements.
4. Lights - must provide optimum visibility, both inside and out, with outside lights having vandal-proof covers over the lights and power sources. Your entire perimeter must be well lit, especially around doors and other possible entries.
5. Alarm System - should be supplied and installed by a licensed alarm company with a central monitoring station. Check the alarm system on a daily basis, and advertise its presence to deter break-ins with the company's sticker or yard sign.
6. Cash Register - should be kept in plain view from outside the building so it can be easily monitored and should be left open when empty and not in use.
7. Safe - should be fire proof, burglar resistant, anchored securely and in plain view. Leave it open when it is empty, and use it to lock up valuables when business is closed. Change the combination whenever someone with access is released from your employment.
8. Building Exterior - should be checked including the roof, basement, and walls. Secure all openings. Maintain good visibility by not allowing landscaping, boxes, trash bins, vehicles, or equipment near your building where they might provide concealment or access to the roof.
9. Perimeter Fences - need to be adequate enough to keep intruders out, and at the same time allow good visibility of your business by neighbors and police. A good example of fencing would be vertical iron bar or 1/8 inch mesh vinyl coated chain link.
10. Key Control and ID Numbers - keys should be handed out in responsible manner. A master key system where one key open all locks may be convenient, but it may not be the best for security. Code all keys, keep them securely locked when not in use, and do not allow employees to leave them lying around or make duplicates. Change locks whenever you suspect key security has been jeopardized. Marking equipment with ID numbers should be displayed to make this plainly evident to would-be thieves. Also, keeping a record of serial numbers on all equipment may help in recovery.
There's no one 'quick fix' for deterring thieves, but if certain precautions are taken, business owners will sleep soundly knowing they done what they can do 'show the love' for their property.
Michelle Annese is a 3rd degree black belt with 15+ years experience teaching industry specific self defense and safety for women and children. She is author of The Realtor Survival Guide, Protection for Women, and The SafeGuard System for Kids. For more information on how to protect yourself and your family go to http://www.michelleannese.com Check out other articles by Ms. Annese and get her free safety tips e-newsletter.
Want a Web Site that Turns Lookers into Buyers? Seven Passion Copywriting Tips
Web Site Blues? Need one, don't know where to start? Got one, but aren't getting enough sales? If you need a Web site soon you may be wondering where to start and who to trust. All Web masters are not equal.
Ten Tips For Starting A New Job
1. Get to know people.
The 10 Benefits of Cross Cultural Training
Cross cultural differences can and do impede upon communication and interpersonal relationships. In the business world this occurs daily, where people from different cultures interact and are expected to perform and make decisions.
The Top Ten Ways to Attract Buyers, Not Just Visitors to your Web Site
Have you put a lot of effort, time, and money into your site and are frustrated with low sales? If you are like many professionals out there, you know your subject; you are excellent at your craft. You have a great service and maybe a great product to sell.
Ten Ways To Sell Your Ideas To Anyone
You have a great idea you know is a winner. All you need is support from some key people.
10 Steps for Simplifying Business Plan Financial Statements
For most business owners and entrepreneurs, preparing, and communicating the financial statement section of a business plan is like trying to give driving directions to someone who doesn't speak the same language. "Numbers" is the language most investors speak.
Top 10 Steps to Build Your Professional Practice Now!
1. Examine everything in your office from the view of a new client! If necessary, spruce it up.
Seven Keys to Get Out of a Rut
Rut -- a routine procedure, situation, or way of life that has become uninteresting and tiresome..
Ten Tips for Effective Meetings
Here are ten things that you can do to hold more effective meetings.1) Avoid meetings.
The Ten Best Kept Secrets For Protecting Your Business Property Against Theft
1. Locks and Padlocks - Locks on all outside entrances and inside security doors should be double cylinder deadbolts with removable collars.
Top Ten Tips for Online Publishing Success
Use the checklist below to make sure your article, tip, or book excerpt will get published and make you a household name on the Internet. 1.
Top Ten Ways to Manage Interruptions
So many people I worked with said they got more work done at home than in the office. That was because there were so many interruptions in the office.
7 Reasons You Want Referral Business and How to Get Them
Studies have proven that there is one reason why people don't do more referral business: they don't ask. There are two reasons why, they forget or they don't have a strong enough relationship with their clients, so they don't feel comfortable The truth is every professional should strive to have all of their business be referral because the benefits of referral business are undeniable and extensive.
7 Ways To Get One-way Links To Your Site
One way links will help you gain better rankings in the major search engines. Here are 7 ways to get them :1.
Seven Ways to Get the Most Out of the Next Training You Attend
Sometime soon you will be attending some training. It may be a one hour tele-seminar, a one day class, professional conference, or a weekend retreat.
The Top Ten Ways to Stop Procrastinating Now
10. Procrastination Condemnation - Lose the Labels! All those things you call yourself, such as lazy, scattered, disorganized, not good enough, incompetent, or stupid, for example, aren't helping you get things done, are they? You've learned to believe them, and you think they've become something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Ten Tips on Delegating Work
One way to manage your time more effectively is to delegate work to others on your staff or to contract workers you hire for specific projects. How often I hear such comments as, "It takes too much time to delegate.
10 High-Impact Viral Marketing Strategies
Viral Marketing is allowing people to giveaway and use your free product or service in order to multiply your marketing quickly over the internet.
The Hidden Power Of Understanding: A Secret To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
You're busy with your business today, aren't you? You're pushing your mind and body to the limit just about everyday to handle all the activities that need to be done. But something's missing.
Top 7 Tips For Writing Your Marketing Plan
A lot of people are at a loss when it comes to deciding how to approach the marketing plan process and how to stay within time and budget constraints. To make for a less stressful marketing plan process, keep these 7 tips in mind: Think Strategy First An overall marketing strategy drives many decisions.
Akron City Directory
© 2012 - 2021 All Rights Reserved