Mortgage and Refinancing Information Channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
5 Steps to Getting on Top of your Mortgage
Getting on top of your mortgage so you can pay your loan off faster and potentially save thousands of dollars on your home loan is possible with a plan and consistent effort. There are mortgage reduction strategies that you can put into place that will ensure that your loan is paid off more quickly without putting a huge strain on your current budget. The following tips are designed to help you pay off your mortgage as quickly as possible.
1. One of the most important things you can do to accelerate paying off your mortgage is to make a more frequent repayments. If you can arrange to make weekly payments as opposed to monthly payments you'll actually end up making the equivalent of 13 monthly payments each year instead of 12 therefore saving you money by reducing the term your loan. In order for this to be effective it is important that you make sure that your home loan has interest that is calculated daily. You do not want a home loan that calculates interest on an average monthly balance.
2. The second thing you should do to speed up paying off your home loan is to make extra payments whenever possible with any extra money but you might come by. For example you might use your tax return, a bonus from work, or an inheritance to make an extra lump sum payment on a loan. This will go a long way toward reducing the principal of your loan. If your loan has a redraw facility you will have the flexibility of being able to access these extra payments if necessary.
3. Another thing you can do in order to reduce the principal of your loan is to have your regular income paid directly into your loan balance. You could then use a credit card to pay your daily expenses. At the end of each month you can then withdraw the money using the redraw facility and pay off the credit card. By keeping this money on your loan for as much time as possible you will be reducing both the term of the loan and interest that you're paying.
4. You can have an immediate impact on the principal of your mortgage on the day that you settle by simply making your first payment that same day.
5. Continue paying at least the original installment amount even if interest rates drop causing your repayment installments to drop also.
If you follow these strategies regularly over the term of your loan you will significantly reduce the mortgage as well as the interest you pay.
Copyright 2005 by Robert Scott, LoanSense.com.au
Check out Robert's LoanSense website that is dedicated to helping borrowers get the best possible deal on a Home Loan in Australia.
MORE RESOURCES updated Mon. March / 08 / 2021
Today's mortgage refinance rates — 30-year rates sit at the lowest seen in 13 days | March 5, 2021 - Fox Business
Today's mortgage and refinance rates: March 7, 2021 | Rates go down - Business Insider - Business Insider
Today's mortgage and refinance rates: March 7, 2021 | Rates go down - Business Insider Business Insider
Today’s mortgage refinance rates mixed — one key rate drops while another rises | March 2, 2021 - Fox Business
Today’s mortgage refinance rates mixed — one key rate drops while another rises | March 2, 2021 Fox Business
Can refinancing a mortgage hurt my credit score? Fox Business
Average Cost to Refinance a Mortgage & How to Save Money The Mortgage Reports
Best mortgage refinance lenders in 2021 Bankrate.com
Best cash-out refinance lenders in 2021 Bankrate.com
Is now still a good time to refinance a mortgage? The Philadelphia Inquirer
Mortgage lending crushes records in 2020 at $4.3 trillion Mortgage Professional America
Mortgage rates are falling to unprecedented lows in 2021 — refinance now to save money - Q13 FOX (Seattle)
Mortgage rates are falling to unprecedented lows in 2021 — refinance now to save money Q13 FOX (Seattle)
How to refinance an FHA loan | Mortgage Chase News & Stories
Mortgage Recast: How to Reamortize and Save Money Credible News
What Are The Benefits Of Cash-Out Refinancing? Is It Worth It? The Mortgage Reports
Can Closing Costs Change On The Closing Disclosure? The Mortgage Reports
2021 Maine first-time homebuyer assistance programs Bankrate.com
How do I get the most out of my mortgage refinance? Fox Business
Top 5 mortgage refinance questions answered Fox Business
How to decide if you should refinance your mortgage Fox Business
Pros and cons of a cash-out mortgage refinance Fox Business
How to refinance your mortgage Fox Business
Mortgage refinance: Everything you need to know Fox Business
Mortgage refinance rates continue hitting record lows – here’s how to get the best deal now - Fox Business
Mortgage refinance rates continue hitting record lows – here’s how to get the best deal now Fox Business
What are the hidden costs of refinancing a mortgage? Fox Business
Who's exempt from the new mortgage refinance fee? Fox Business
Everything You Should Know About The New Mortgage Refinancing Fee That Goes Into Effect Dec. 1 - Forbes
Everything You Should Know About The New Mortgage Refinancing Fee That Goes Into Effect Dec. 1 Forbes
How to refinance your mortgage in 5 easy steps Fox Business
Mortgage refinance applications soar despite a new fee that increases the cost - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Mortgage refinance applications soar despite a new fee that increases the cost Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The best mortgage refinance lenders of March 2021 Business Insider
Refinancing your mortgage? Don’t make this mistake Fox Business
Despite low mortgage interest rates, homeowners should research the caveats before reﬁnancing - Seattle Times
Despite low mortgage interest rates, homeowners should research the caveats before reﬁnancing Seattle Times
4 ways to get lower mortgage refinance rates Fox Business
A record 19.4 million homeowners can now save big on a mortgage refinance, as rates hit another new low - CNBC
A record 19.4 million homeowners can now save big on a mortgage refinance, as rates hit another new low CNBC
5 reasons to refinance your mortgage right now HousingWire
How to Refinance Your Home | Home Lending Chase News & Stories
10 things to know before refinancing your mortgage Fox Business
3 Mortgage Refinance Strategies to Consider in 2021 The Motley Fool
Complete Checklist of Mortgage Refinancing Requirements Credible News
10 tips for getting the best mortgage refinance rate, from checking your credit report to choosing the right lender - Business Insider
10 tips for getting the best mortgage refinance rate, from checking your credit report to choosing the right lender Business Insider
How a mortgage refinance affects your net worth Fox Business
Jumbo Mortgage Refinance Rates for March 2021 NextAdvisor
USDA Construction Loans | Buy Land & Build A Home With USDA The Mortgage Reports