We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Here is a quick list of components that make a website attractive. They are listed in layers of attractiveness beginning with the "must" haves, to "nice to haves."
1. State the website's purpose up front and clearly of the site. Do this as quickly as possible. The visitor needs to know immediately if they have landed on the right site. They also need to know "what's in it for me to stay here." If you don't provide this, they are gone. 90% of the sites on the Net don't do this.
2. Give visitors the ability to search for exactly what they are looking for, if they have something exact in mind. A "site search feature" satisfies this best. Allow the search feature to be prominently displayed and not hidden away somewhere. It is best place in the navigational system so that it shows up on every page. Sales letter only websites are an exception to this rule. Return visitors and visitors that have something specifically in mind, want the option and ability to find what they want fast. So give it to them.
3. Photos allow connection. Especially to people who process visually. Clip art gets them to pay attention, however, it doesn't create much of a connection. Personal photos connect within reason. Keep them less than three to a page. One photo always needs to be in the top portion of the screen on the first page. It doesn't need to be large, but attractive.
4. Ways to capture visitors information wherever possible.
5. Place items on the site that keep them lingering. Audio and video are one of these, yet there are other less time conuming and inexpensive ways to keep them entertained.
6. Articles. For solopreneur sites, your own written articles. For other sites, articles with various authors yet on focus.
7. Interactive elements. For example: respone forms, quizzes
8. If you use a shopping cart, it must be fluid, no hiccups. PayPal is not a shopping cart, it's a hiccup. All auto responders must be well written and positive. If someone purchased something, they need the energy of "thank you."
9. Give offers that are of value.
10. Clear path of where a newcomer can start if it is their first visit.
11. Newsletter that is consistent with the 80/20 rule. 80% value and 20% marketing.
12. E-courses of value.
13. Well-written e-books: 50-75 pages, plus valuable information (info not found anywhere else). Length doesn't do more than provide perceptive value. Once purchased and the vastness is only fluff, then your credibility is shot. Complimentary e-books meet the same requirements.
14. Give them other ways to receive more on...you if you are the focus...or the information if that is the focus.
15. Automated referral system. If you want referrals for your products or services, make it easy for you to get them. Set it up so it's as automatic as possible, and clear and easy for someone to send you a referral. Be clear on what and how you want to give for that referral.
Catherine Franz is a Marketing & Writing Coach, niches, product development, Internet marketing, nonfiction writing and training. Additional Articles: http://www.abundancecenter.com blog: http://abundance.blogs.com
RELATED WEB SITE DESIGN ARTICLES:
Tried and Tested Tips to Improve Your Website - Part 1
1. DO NOT use excessive graphics or banner images on a single web page.
Why You Should Use CSS
It seems more and more webmasters are using CSS for the design and layout of their sites rather than depending on tables and HTML mark up. As well as being more efficient in terms of page size and reusing CSS templates many webmasters believe that it also contributes towards search engine friendliness.
Small Business Website Design - How to Get Professional Results on a Shoestring Budget
Just because you are a small business with an even smaller website design budget, does not mean that you cannot have a professional looking website and presence on the web. All it means is you will have to do some of the work yourself instead of paying some design firm to do it for you.
Is a Web Site Builder Right for You?
A web site builder can be a real life saver to someone without advanced HTML knowledge or tools. Web site builders allow a relative newbie to the internet create a professional website in very little time.
5 Ways To Improve Your Website Immediately
If you are reading this, I assume you either have your own website or planning to get one. Either way, these 5 tips can help you create a better business website immediately.
Understand Your Color
Any design on a web application involves the effective input of color scheme in order to impress web surfers, instill a certain image or identity associated with the kind of web site it represents, and add impact to the web pages. However, very few possess the talent and skill of developing a harmonious color scheme.
7 Ways of Building Customers Trust With Your Web Site
When I purchase something from a web site I first check who is behind this site. If there is no contact information or anything about the owner of the site or his/her company I move on.
How Not To Get Web Design Work
I get the occasional web design lead from my website. I wanted to find a company I could pass these onto.
Web Site Templates and Their Benefits
Unarguably, the most important part of your website is content. To draw in clients or customers, you need captivating content and search engines are blind to web design.
How to Chose Stock Photography for your Web Site
So you've decided to take the plunge. You know that stock photography is an effective tool for your web business, but where do you start and how do you choose the stock photo that's right for you.
Fast Web Design For The Skint Webmaster
About two years ago, I had a go at commercial web site design. I put a medium-sized ad in a London classified ad paper.
The Ultimate Web Site Marketing Strategies That You Should Know
Most of us know that we need to advertise our products and our services, some of us still believe we are too small to invest in a advertising campaign. Now while a full-fledged marketing effort may be too much for your operation, it is however crucial to your success that you are involved in some kind of marketing activities.
Top 10 Web Design Mistakes
As a webmaster, you want to keep your visitors content so they'll come back again. Below you will find ten common mistakes made by webmasters that may deter people from returning.
Increase Sales on Your Website! Use Graphics!
How many times have you clicked on a website only to find a screen full of text? You read a large-scale headline and then all you see is text, much like reading a letter. You scan down the page looking for something to attract your attention.
Flash Design Adds Website Versatility
You have probably viewed many Flash-based components while surfing the Internet. Most smooth animation on websites and in banner ads, short films, and presentation are built in Flash.
Banner Enchancement - Designing Your Banner
A well designed web site is great to have, but what if no one ever comes to it? Most web sites either rely on advertising, or have used advertising at some point in their existence, to get people to come to view the site. This means that your going to have to have not only a well designed web site but also well designed banners to attract your visitors.
Quality Web Copy is the Key to Success
Many websites make the mistake of being all flash and no substance. Nothing irritates potential customers more than visiting your website hoping to find information and instead seeing only blinding color and flashing borders.
Dos and Don'ts in Web Design - part 1 (design)
Do use a consistent look and feel Your site should stand out as a whole. Use the same look and feel for all the pages at your site.
Lead Capture Pages Explode Your Direct Sales Business Online!
Are you building a direct sales or mlm business online? Using lead capture pages can significantly improve your recruiting results and save you lots of time and money! I have known a few people who earned 5-figure monthly incomes in their mlm businesses and they used lead capture pages for Internet marketing.What is a lead capture page?A lead capture page is similar to a minisite in that it is a simple, one page website that leads your visitor to take ONE action.
Keep It Simple, Stupid: The Beauty of a Clean Cut Website
Don't knock it; "Keep It Simple, Stupid" is a great rule to live by. Nobody likes a website to "yell" at them, with blaring colors and flashing lights.
Click here to
Find used office equipment in Ohio at www.OfficeJax.Has.It
Find the best fleamarkets at www.FleaMarketWorld.Has.It
Find electric powered vehicles at www.NoGas.Drives.It
Find advertising supplies below wholesale in Akron, Ohio
Akron University of Akron university housing available
Text Link Ads