Mortgage and Refinancing Information Channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Bad Credit Mortgage Lender - What to Look For
If you have less than perfect credit and are looking to get approved for a mortgage loan, be careful not to make some common, costly mistakes. When dealing with sub-prime mortgage lenders or bad credit mortgage lenders, many people are taken advantage of because of their eagerness to get approved.
Choosing and settling on a mortgage lender or mortgage broker is a very important decision. Make sure you don't make mistakes that you will regret later. Ask yourself, the mortgage broker or lender these questions before you sign on the dotted line:
1. Is there a pre-payment penalty on the loan? Ask about this as soon as you are told you are approved. A 6 month pre-payment penalty is probably ok, but 1 year, or two years? Over 1 year is too long. Find out how much the pre-payment penalty is. Maybe its not much. But if there is one, its most likely to be so much, that it would defeat the purpose of refinancing the loan before the penalty time is up. If you are get a mortgage loan with a poor credit score, and then make your mortgage payments on time, you are likely to be able to refinance in 6 months to 1 year for a much better interest rate. You don't want to hurt your chances of doing that with a heavy pre-payment penalty. Sometimes brokers will neglect to tell you about one.
2. What will the interest rate be? Sounds obvious, but lock down exact numbers. Don't settle for vague answers on this. Brokers may promise you a low interest rate, but as it gets closer, end up locking you in at a much higher rate. If you are doing a combo loan, 80/20, the second mortgage may end up being the one that has an interest rate that surprisingly jumps up as it gets close to the loan closing. Try to negotiate a lower interest rate, especially if you are going through a mortgage broker, they will usually have some play in this area.
3. Is my mortgage broker being too pushy? If you feel your broker is being too pushy, there may be something in the loan that is not in your best interest. Ask a lot of questions and don't be afraid to start searching elsewhere. When getting a mortgage loan, you don't want to be in too big a hurry.
4. Can I afford the payment even I am not able to refinance for a lower rate within 2-3 years? Many people get into a sub-prime mortgage loan with a higher interest rate, just because they are happy to get approved, only to feel suffocated later, when they cannot refinance and get out from under the high payment. If you don't think you could make the payment for at least the next 2-3 years with no problem, then you shouldn't be getting into the loan.
5. What are my closing costs going to be, exactly? Bad credit mortgage lenders and mortgage brokers know that the person they are extending the loan to doesn't have as many options. These lenders and brokers can sometimes take advantage of that fact by upping the fees at closing. Make sure you see what all of your fees are going to be in writing before you commit to the loan. Compare those fees with other lenders and make sure they are comparable. If there are a little high, try negotiating with your mortgage lender or broker. They will usually be able to make changes there if they choose to.
It helps to choose a bad credit mortgage lender based on a referral based on a referral, one who has a good reputation. Choose a company with a long standing reputation and make sure you feel comfortable working with them.
There are many lenders now, who specialize in bad credit mortgage loans. These are the best lenders to start with.
Written by Carrie Reeder, owner of http://www.abcloanguide.com, an informational website on mortgage loans, with articles and lists of recommended bad credit mortgage lenders.
MORE RESOURCES updated Mon. March / 08 / 2021
Today's mortgage refinance rates — 30-year rates sit at the lowest seen in 13 days | March 5, 2021 - Fox Business
Today's mortgage and refinance rates: March 7, 2021 | Rates go down - Business Insider - Business Insider
Today's mortgage and refinance rates: March 7, 2021 | Rates go down - Business Insider Business Insider
Today’s mortgage refinance rates mixed — one key rate drops while another rises | March 2, 2021 - Fox Business
Today’s mortgage refinance rates mixed — one key rate drops while another rises | March 2, 2021 Fox Business
Can refinancing a mortgage hurt my credit score? Fox Business
Best mortgage refinance lenders in 2021 Bankrate.com
Best cash-out refinance lenders in 2021 Bankrate.com
Is now still a good time to refinance a mortgage? The Philadelphia Inquirer
Mortgage rates are falling to unprecedented lows in 2021 — refinance now to save money - Q13 FOX (Seattle)
Mortgage rates are falling to unprecedented lows in 2021 — refinance now to save money Q13 FOX (Seattle)
Mortgage Recast: How to Reamortize and Save Money Credible News
How to refinance an FHA loan | Mortgage Chase News & Stories
What Are The Benefits Of Cash-Out Refinancing? Is It Worth It? The Mortgage Reports
Should I Refinance to Get Rid of PMI? Motley Fool
What Is a Mortgage and How Does It Work? | Mortgage 101 The Mortgage Reports
Can Closing Costs Change On The Closing Disclosure? The Mortgage Reports
How Long Does Underwriting Take? Is 'No News Good News'? The Mortgage Reports
The Lending Issue: Ready, Set, Close! Chicago Agent magazine
Top 5 mortgage refinance questions answered Fox Business
Pros and cons of a cash-out mortgage refinance Fox Business
How to decide if you should refinance your mortgage Fox Business
How to refinance your mortgage Fox Business
Mortgage refinance: Everything you need to know Fox Business
How do I get the most out of my mortgage refinance? Fox Business
What are the hidden costs of refinancing a mortgage? Fox Business
Who's exempt from the new mortgage refinance fee? Fox Business
Everything You Should Know About The New Mortgage Refinancing Fee That Goes Into Effect Dec. 1 - Forbes
Everything You Should Know About The New Mortgage Refinancing Fee That Goes Into Effect Dec. 1 Forbes
Mortgage refinance rates continue hitting record lows – here’s how to get the best deal now - Fox Business
Mortgage refinance rates continue hitting record lows – here’s how to get the best deal now Fox Business
How to refinance your mortgage in 5 easy steps Fox Business
Mortgage refinance applications soar despite a new fee that increases the cost - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Mortgage refinance applications soar despite a new fee that increases the cost Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The best mortgage refinance lenders of March 2021 Business Insider
Refinancing your mortgage? Don’t make this mistake Fox Business
4 ways to get lower mortgage refinance rates Fox Business
Despite low mortgage interest rates, homeowners should research the caveats before reﬁnancing - Seattle Times
Despite low mortgage interest rates, homeowners should research the caveats before reﬁnancing Seattle Times
A record 19.4 million homeowners can now save big on a mortgage refinance, as rates hit another new low - CNBC
A record 19.4 million homeowners can now save big on a mortgage refinance, as rates hit another new low CNBC
5 reasons to refinance your mortgage right now HousingWire
10 things to know before refinancing your mortgage Fox Business
How to Refinance Your Home | Home Lending Chase News & Stories
3 Mortgage Refinance Strategies to Consider in 2021 The Motley Fool
Complete Checklist of Mortgage Refinancing Requirements Credible News
10 tips for getting the best mortgage refinance rate, from checking your credit report to choosing the right lender - Business Insider
10 tips for getting the best mortgage refinance rate, from checking your credit report to choosing the right lender Business Insider
USDA Construction Loans | Buy Land & Build A Home With USDA The Mortgage Reports
Jumbo Mortgage Refinance Rates for March 2021 NextAdvisor