Mortgage and Refinancing Information Channel:
We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Home Equity Loans Company - 7 Key Questions to Help You Choose One
Choosing the right home equity loan can be tricky; you have to consider interest rates and repayment schedules, among others. Choosing the right lender, however, does not have to be a difficult task. If you ask the right questions, you can pick the best lender for your needs. The following is a list of seven essential questions that you should ask any potential lender.
1. What are the terms? This will include interest rates and the length of the loan. Some lenders may require you to carry private mortgage insurance or to pay your mortgage through ACH deposit. Get the terms in writing, so that you can compare them with other lenders.
2. How about my credit? Your credit score may play a huge factor in deciding which lender to go through. If you have bad or no credit, many lenders may not be able to help you. So you will want to find a lender that offers sub-prime loans for borrowers of your credit status. Bad credit does not necessarily disqualify you for a loan, but it will make the process a bit more difficult.
3. What is their reputation? The lender will delve into your personal and financial history, so why shouldn't you do the same? If the company is public, you should have no trouble finding financial and news information. Look for recent mergers or restructurings that could indicate a potential problem. Be weary of lenders that are not publicly traded. Many lenders use the same underwriters, so do your homework beforehand.
4. How much will the loan cost me? Closing costs can be a major concern for most homeowners. You probably need the home equity loan because you are short on funds or in debt, so coming up with a few thousand dollars for closing costs can be all but impossible for many borrowers. Your lender should be able to provide you with a good faith estimate (GFE) that will outline the fees that you will be responsible for.
5. How long is the process? A typical home equity loan, should not take more than a month on average. Ask your lender how long the process will take from the initial application to receipt of the funds. This can be particularly critical if you are needed to do repairs on your home, such as purchasing a new water heater.
6. Is the staff knowledgeable? Never underestimate the power of a good customer service representative. Ask the loan officer and others in the office the various questions that you have. They should be knowledgeable on the loan process, and be able to guide you through the process.
7. Early payment penalty? If you won the lottery or got a big raise, would you be able to pay your loan off early? Many people forget to ask this question when choosing a lender, but it can save you thousands of dollars. So, make sure that if you choose to sell your home before it is paid off, you will be covered.
Use your common sense when choosing a home equity loan bank. Research the company just as you would with any major purchase. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and to try another lender if you don't get the answers that you desire. It is your home and your money on the line, so do your homework!
John Ross is a freelance author who writes articles about financial loans including: home equity loans company, online home equity loans, and fixed rate home equity loans. The Loanchbox is a user friendly website designed to inform beginners about home equity loans.
MORE RESOURCES updated Thu. March / 04 / 2021
Today’s mortgage refinance rates mixed — one key rate drops while another rises | March 2, 2021 - Fox Business
Today’s mortgage refinance rates mixed — one key rate drops while another rises | March 2, 2021 Fox Business
Can refinancing a mortgage hurt my credit score? Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates see little change as market holds steady | February 25, 2021 - Fox Business
Today's mortgage refinance rates see little change as market holds steady | February 25, 2021 Fox Business
Best cash-out refinance lenders in 2021 Bankrate.com
ADA Member Advantage endorses Laurel Road as mortgage refinancing provider - American Dental Association
ADA Member Advantage endorses Laurel Road as mortgage refinancing provider American Dental Association
When to Refinance a Mortgage - How to Refinance a Mortgage HouseBeautiful.com
Mortgage rates are falling to unprecedented lows in 2021 — refinance now to save money - Q13 FOX (Seattle)
Mortgage rates are falling to unprecedented lows in 2021 — refinance now to save money Q13 FOX (Seattle)
What Are The Benefits Of Cash-Out Refinancing? Is It Worth It? The Mortgage Reports
David Hochberg: Can homeowners refinance after forbearance? WGN Radio - Chicago
Morris Bank: Making the refinancing and mortgage process easier Statesboro Herald
Mr. Cooper Group: Revenue Windfall To Last Another Year Seeking Alpha
How Long Does Underwriting Take? Is 'No News Good News'? The Mortgage Reports
Can Closing Costs Change On The Closing Disclosure? The Mortgage Reports
PCMA Unveils OMEGA National Television Advertising Campaign, Targeting Primary/Secondary Home Mortgage - Business Wire
PCMA Unveils OMEGA National Television Advertising Campaign, Targeting Primary/Secondary Home Mortgage Business Wire
Can You Use A 203K Rehab Loan For An Investment Property? The Mortgage Reports
The Lending Issue: Ready, Set, Close! Chicago Agent magazine
Top 5 mortgage refinance questions answered Fox Business
USDA Construction Loans | Buy Land & Build A Home With USDA The Mortgage Reports
How to decide if you should refinance your mortgage Fox Business
Pros and cons of a cash-out mortgage refinance Fox Business
How to refinance your mortgage Fox Business
Who's exempt from the new mortgage refinance fee? Fox Business
Mortgage refinance: Everything you need to know Fox Business
How do I get the most out of my mortgage refinance? Fox Business
Mortgage refinance rates continue hitting record lows – here’s how to get the best deal now - Fox Business
Mortgage refinance rates continue hitting record lows – here’s how to get the best deal now Fox Business
What are the hidden costs of refinancing a mortgage? Fox Business
Everything You Should Know About The New Mortgage Refinancing Fee That Goes Into Effect Dec. 1 - Forbes
Everything You Should Know About The New Mortgage Refinancing Fee That Goes Into Effect Dec. 1 Forbes
Mortgage refinance applications soar despite a new fee that increases the cost - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Mortgage refinance applications soar despite a new fee that increases the cost Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
4 ways to get lower mortgage refinance rates Fox Business
The best mortgage refinance lenders of March 2021 Business Insider
A record 19.4 million homeowners can now save big on a mortgage refinance, as rates hit another new low - CNBC
A record 19.4 million homeowners can now save big on a mortgage refinance, as rates hit another new low CNBC
Despite low mortgage interest rates, homeowners should research the caveats before reﬁnancing - Seattle Times
Despite low mortgage interest rates, homeowners should research the caveats before reﬁnancing Seattle Times
5 reasons to refinance your mortgage right now HousingWire
Complete Checklist of Mortgage Refinancing Requirements Credible News
10 things to know before refinancing your mortgage Fox Business
Refinancing your mortgage? Don’t make this mistake Fox Business
3 Mortgage Refinance Strategies to Consider in 2021 The Motley Fool
How a mortgage refinance affects your net worth Fox Business
How often can you refinance your mortgage? Fox Business
10 tips for getting the best mortgage refinance rate, from checking your credit report to choosing the right lender - Business Insider
10 tips for getting the best mortgage refinance rate, from checking your credit report to choosing the right lender Business Insider