We would like to thank the local libraries, schools, and universities for recommending students
to visit us when doing research on any of our information topics.
Blogs are the hottest thing going these days when it comes to marketing on the Internet. A blog is a way of delivering your messages and article to clients. They are a like personal web sites, easy to create and far less expensive than traditional web sites.
Just when you thought you were mastering the tasks of ezines and newsletters, along comes blogging, and you have to ask yourself:
Do I really need a blog?
Isn't an email ezine or newsletter doing the same thing?
Should I do both?
Are these two marketing tools going to eat up all my time, energy and money?
What's the best way to spend my resources here so that I can get clients and results out of my marketing efforts?
Here are ten reasons why you should pay attention to this new blogging revolution and do both and ezine and a blog.
1. Because a blog is web based, it is published instantaneously every time you post. This allows you to be spontaneous and current with issues that affect your readers/clients. Blog posts are short, ezines can be longer. One can complement the other.
2. Because blog posts are spontaneous, they tend to be more informal, friendly, and conversational. Blog posts show your personality. Ezines show your knowledge. Your readers/clients need to know who you are before they will invest in your services. Providing both an ezine and a blog allows your readers to get to know you.
3. You can set up a subscription form on your blog and your subscribers will get a short notice in their inboxes each time you post something new. This is a great way around the spam filter problem which blocks so many ezines and legitimate messages from professionals.
4. Blogs link to other blogs and web sites, which helps you create a viral marketing system, increasing your exposure to search engines. Search engines love blogs because they are text based and key word rich. Your rankings go up when you publish a blog and use linking and posting on a frequent basis. You can also link to your own web site(s).
5. You have instant access to all your published articles on your blog. A blog automatically creates archives of previous posts. You see them in a side-bar for easy access. You put them into categories for easy finding. One clever person we know spent a day posting all her ezine articles to her blog, so that it would appear she has been blogging for a much longer time. Also, readers of her blog may not have had the opportunity to read all of her other ezine articles.
6. You can use your blog to become a trusted expert in your field by filtering content on the web for your subscribers. Readers don't have time to surf and to collect information, but you can do it for them, thereby establishing yourself as a good resource.
7. You can set up links for ads, products, and for your affiliate programs in the blog side columns so you don't have to include them in the body of your article. In an ezine, you have to be careful about promotional stuff in the article because it annoys people and causes them to unsubscribe. A blog is a non-intrusive way to do this, and an ezine can link to the blog where more information can be found.
8. Readers can comment on your blog postings, which creates rapport and with readers. You can ask questions, stimulate responses by being controversial, and survey readers. It is a great way to keep your finger on the pulse of what readers want.
9. You don't have to mess with a web site, or pay a web designer to update your web site every time you have a new article or teleclass, or program or product. Blogs are user-friendly, and with a few instructions or tutorials, you can learn to use it yourself. It is less expensive than setting up your ezine in HTML.
10. Bottom line is this: using a blog and an ezine will help attract more visitors to your website, who become subscribers and who may eventually become clients.
Think of the World Wide Web as a big fishing pond. The more fishing lines in the pond, the more fish you are going to catch!
You have a web site, yet it is static like an online brochure.
You have an ezine, which you grow through subscription links everywhere.
And now, you should have a blog, where you can attract more readers to get to know you, where they can interact with you, and maybe take your bait!
Patsi Krakoff, Psy. D., CBC is publisher of Customized Newsletter Services, providing complete ezine services for coaches and consultants. Patsi is a psychologist and writer who has 8 years experience helping busy professionals build their client relationships through ezines, newsletters and blogs. Visit her web site and blogs to get helpful tips: http://www.customizednewsletters.com
Denise Wakeman is Chief Implementor of Next Level Partnership, a company dedicated to partnering with you to take your business to the next level. Denise has nearly 20 years experience in small business administration and management. She has specific experience in leveraging Internet marketing systems to create awareness, build customer loyalty and increase the bottom line. Visit Denise's blog at http://www.biztipsblog.com to get tips and tactics for taking your business to the next level.
MWC 2008: Samsung handsets round-up
Samsung had the longest line-up of all the manufacturers, with 12 models displayed at the Mobile World Congress show. It's enough to give anyone Samsung fatigue! Here's a recap on all the new handsets… U900 Soul – 5.0-megapixel camera, 4x zoom, image ...
MWC 2008: The L770, E251 and i200 mobile phones from Samsung slightly better than the previous three
We're still in disbelief over how disappointing Samsung's collection of phones is for MWC – even with the Soul in mind – and these models shown, the L770, E251 and i200 don't disappoint in the disappointment stakes. It's just so disappointing. Get the ...
Let's go digital
Let's go digital
De redactie van MSN.nl zorgt ervoor dat bezoekers dagelijks actuele en aansprekende informatie op de homepage van MSN.nl aantreffen in de meest populaire MSN Magazines Nieuws, Entertainment, Geldzaken en Auto. Zelfs een ogenschijnlijk 'saai' thema als ...
In 1999 I asked my friends and colleagues if they blogged. The responses I received ranged from odd looks to questions about the blogging practice.
Blogging For Business Bible
The items covered here are:1) Don't Wait before Blogging.2) Using Blogs to get your site found quickly.
A Person Is Known By the Blog He Keeps
Literature is the soul of the wit. The best source of literature can be now found in blogs.
Why Every Site Needs RSS
RSS or 'Really Simple Syndication' is not just for Blogs and News sites. Every website can benefit from this newly popular technology.
Amazing Information About Blogging
A few months back, at the ITEA conference I saw this guy sitting next to me typing constantly into his wireless laptop. He was making notes on what the speakers had to say, was finding relevant links and then hitting the send key - instantly updating his Web site.
Use RSS Feeds to Improve Search Engine Optimization and Ranking
RSS is rapidly becoming a "must have" for a proper search engine optimization. But what exactly is RSS? RSS or Rich Site Syndication (or Really Simple Syndication, depending on who you ask) is a file format similar to XML, and is used by publishers to make their content available to others in a format that can be universally understood.
Web Blogs, Defined, Explained and Understood
What are Blogs?Having heard the term previously but not having paid much attention most are just to afraid to show their ignorance and ask the question, what is a blog? Lets face it; the term blog does not conjure pleasant images.Blogs are web logs that are updated regularly, usually on a daily basis.
Cash In Your Blog - 4 Ways to Profit From The Hidden Revenue In Your Blog
Most webmasters and online business owners know that a blog can bring you additional revenue from advertising, and more traffic from search engines. Then there's the additional benefit of having a great way to spark productive dialogue between you and your prospects.
What Is This RSS, XML, RDF, and Atom Business?
It's been a long day at work and you're in no mood to cook dinner or go out. Time to count on the reliable pizza delivery guy.
Blogs: Why, Where and How
So you have heard about the blogs or you are sure you are now going through one of the blog. You might have seen blogs in the search results and would not have noticed it.
What is a Business Blog?
Although Blog was the most requested word of 2004 as per Merriam Webster Dictionary Online, there are quite a few people, for whom the word Blog is still unknown.Blog is an online journal of events, raves, rants of the people.
How to Get a Blog on the Internet
Of all people in the world I was easily one of the most pessimistic about computers, the Internet and now that I even know they exist-blogs. I think blogs are pretty cool but I never thought I could have one.
For Wordpress users version 1.5 new feature "Pages"
After many requests from wordpress users, the latest version of wordpress has a build in option to create static pages. You can use static pages for an about page, contact page, a links page, etc.
RSS & How to Use It (part 1)
Have you ever read an article, intended to explain RSS in simple terms that, begins well, but soon descends into confusing jargon or information overload? If so, take heart, I was in the same place a few months ago. Often the best way to understand something, is to use it.
Using QuickSub To Make It Easier For Your Visitors To Subscribe To Your Feed
7 Tips for Choosing the Right Blog Software for Your New Blog
Choosing the right blog software for your new blog requires that you ask yourself some questions and make a list of all of the features and tools you need as well as your budget. Once you have this information written down you will be prepared to start shopping for blog software.
How to Use Blogs for Free Targeted Traffic
One of the Number 1 traffic building secrets is adding content to your website. Have you ever considered that a blog could be the tool that makes this very possible, fast and extremely easy to do.
How Bloggers Are Making Thousands of Dollars From the Google Adsense Affiliate Program
There is no doubt that the Google Adsense program for publishers and site owners is one of the most successful affiliate programs anywhere. There is increasing evidence that many bloggers have managed to find the right formula to make thousands of dollars every month from little more than a handful of blogs with carefully created and compiled content.
Building Backlinks With Blogs
The most boring part of getting traffic to a website is getting backlinks. This is hard, boring, time consuming work.
Displaying RSS Feeds on Websites
Displaying RSS RSS offers webmasters a unique opportunity to display fresh content on websites. While publishing an RSS feed is a great way to generate site interest and increase communication, syndicating and displaying feeds from related relevant sources can also generate interest, increase traffic and improve search engine ranking.
Ohio Unclaimed freight outlet
Find used office equipment in Ohio at www.OfficeJax.Has.It
Find the best fleamarkets at www.FleaMarketWorld.Has.It
Find homes for rent
Find electric powered vehicles at www.NoGas.Drives.It